1 North Plum Street, Germantown, OH 45327 | (937) 855-7255

Tax Options for Calendar Year 2024

2023 Individual Tax Return is due April 15, 2024

The deadline for Individual tax returns is April 15, 2024, including Individual City of Germantown tax returns. This deadline only relates to Individual returns. Net Profit returns have the same April 15th deadline. Furthermore, this announcement does not impact the deadline for first quarter estimated tax payments for tax year 2024. This deadline continues to be April 15th.

Cleveland Office
205 West Saint Clair Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1503

City of Clayton
6996 Taywood Rd
Clayton, Ohio 45322
(located to the left of the main entrance if facing the building)

CCA will offer in-person taxpayer assistance by appointment only at Germantown City Hall. Please call (216) 857-3174 to schedule an appointment.

If you'd like a CCA team member to complete your municipal income tax return, please fill out the CCA Division of Taxation - Taxpayer Assistance Form. Please ensure to include your phone number in the backup provided with your tax documents.

Taxpayers will be able to see this form on the CCA website on the Forms page, listed as "Taxpayer Assistance Form" on this page.

For anyone who is uncomfortable sending documents to us to simply complete the form, attach copies of all tax documents. Please send copies of your forms and documents as CCA will not be returning documents - these documents become an attachment to the return and drop these off at City Hall in a sealed envelope.

Documents will be picked up weekly with the last document pick up on Tuesday, April 16th (picking up everything dropped off as of April 15th).

Anything beyond the due date of the return should be mailed in by the taxpayer to our Cleveland office, so we will have a confirmed postmark date for anything remitted beyond 4/18/2024.

Looking for additional info on income tax for Germantown? Try these local numbers. Forms may also be dropped off at City Hall:

Eric Hein

Michelle Jordan


Frequently Asked Questions

Which Amount Do I Use for Taxable Wages?
On your W-2, look at Box 5 and 18. Box 5 will be used for our taxable wages on the Germantown tax form. Local wages are usually in Box 18 with the tax paid in Box 19 and the location paid to in Box 20. These will be points of reference for information.

I Moved Into/out Of Germantown During The Year. Do I Need To File A Tax Return?
If you lived in Germantown more than one month, you are required to file a tax return. Your income and credits should be pro-rated for the time you lived in Germantown. Only the wages earned while you were a resident are taxable to Germantown.

I Don't File Federal Or State Taxes. Do I Need To File A Germantown Return?
Yes, there is a mandatory filing requirement in Germantown. ALL residents over the age of 18 need to submit a signed tax return. If you do not have taxable income, you would simply sign the return in Section II and send the white copy back to us.